It's Time to Have a
Making of America Seminar in Your Area!
What do we do at a Making of America seminar?
Here is the general outline and timing of our one-day Making of America seminar:
8:30am-12:00 noon - "Developing America 's Great Success Formula"
This is the exciting exploration which Jefferson, Adams, Franklin , Washington and others made in order to rediscover the key to the creation of the first free nation in modern times. We trace their adventure from 1400 B.C. to A.D. 1787
12:00-12:45pm - Lunch break
12:45pm-4:30pm - "The Perfect Plan of Liberty "
A refreshing look at the solid political and economic principles from the preamble through the amendments to the Constitution. You learn perhaps for the first time, how nearly every problem in America today can be solved by restoring these successful concepts.
For the registration fee (at least $10) each participant is given a fill-in-the-blank study guide. This interactive guide will be very helpful in remembering the important points made at the seminar.
What are the procedures in hosting a seminar?
- Pick a Saturday sometime in the future, usually 2-4 months out, when you can assemble 50-100 people or more. There is no upper limit. It is preferable to have everyone seated at tables. They will be taking notes in the Study Guide.
- Schedule date with Earl Taylor. Home: 480-832-6326, cell 480-861-9739, email email@example.com . (Earl uses a safe-sender list, so please indicate " MOA seminar " in the title of the email). We have several qualified instructors, one of which will be assigned to your event.
- Form a committee of several dedicated people, each of whom will commit to bring people to the seminar.
- Immediately begin to pre-register people. Experience has shown that seminars are successful when commitments are made in advance by people actually purchasing tickets to the seminar. Institutional advertising such as flyers, media advertising, and announcements in other meetings do not bring people to seminars! If you rely only on these you will probably not have a successful seminar.
- Although flyers by themselves are not the most effective way to get people to the seminar, they are important in establishing a date and time of the seminar. We have provided a sample flyer that you may use if you would like. Click here to download our sample flyer. (It is in Word format and is zipped) A perslnalized flyer for your seminar is always best.
- Financial arrangements: None of our instructors are paid, but we do need to recover the cost of the seminar guide for each participant and the cost of airfare for the instructor. We need to receive $10 per participant with a 50 participant minimum, (at least $500) sent to us 30 days before the seminar. This will allow us to arrange for travel of the instructor and for the shipment of materials. The initial $500 should be sent 30 days in advance of the scheduled seminar to: NCCS, 37777 W Juniper Rd., Malta ID 83342. Please indicate the date and place of the seminar when sending a check. You may also pay using a credit card by calling 208-645-2625.
- Accommodations for one or two nights need to be provided for the instructor. Our instructors can stay with a local family to save costs. Also, transportation should be arranged to and from the airport.
- The $15 per individual or $35 per family on the sample flyer is only a suggestion. Rental of facilities, if any, and other costs may not be covered at that rate. You should set the price as needed.
- Checks may be made payable to the local hosting organization or to NCCS.
Ten dollars each for any number in excess of 50 participants will need to be paid at the conclusion of the seminar.