Americans are Awakening to Our Awful Situation
Americans are Awakening to Our Awful SituationAmerica's Founding Fathers were students of human nature and how influential people and governments have dealt with human nature throughout the history of this world. In nearly every case, the Founders discovered that powerful people have nearly always sought to gain mastery over others. Whether by force or by slow deceptive means, power-hungry individuals have sought to thrust themselves into positions where they can control the lives, liberty, and property of others. The distaste for this kind of control is what led Thomas Jefferson to proclaim, "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal vigilance against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Generally, this kind of power, which tends to pander to the pretended needs of the masses and thereby invades the unalienable rights of individuals, is known as socialism.
The Many Faces of SocialismThe classical definition of socialism is: Government ownership or control of all the means of production and all the means of distribution in a society. In order to achieve these objectives, socialists throughout history have used different strategies and tactics, depending on how much power they have and what they can get (or force) the people to accept, but their ultimate goal of total control remains the same. Here are the main kinds of socialism that have been used: Communism is "International Revolutionary Socialism." It uses the tactics of terrorism, violence, subversion and propaganda against other nations as though it were at war with them. Even while pretending to work for peace, it exerts all of its resources preparing for war. Nazism is "National Socialism." This system is designed to set up a Socialist military dictatorship in one country at a time. In Germany the word, "Nazi" was an abbreviation for "National Socialism." Fascism is the form of National Socialism which was set up in Italy under Benito Mussolini. He told the people they could keep their property, but the government would just tell them what to do with it. Democratic Socialism seeks to achieve its goals by peaceful means. Its purpose is to acquire control of the means of production and distribution with the people's consent. The Democratic Socialists found that they could only achieve this by appealing to individual economic groups. For example, farmers were told they would be bailed out if their crops failed, factory workers were told they would share the profits of the factory, and the businesses are told they would control certain industries so as to limit competition. Fabian Socialism is closely related to democratic socialism. It is a deliberately deceptive method of getting Socialist control over the people and their property while pretending to be merely helping the unfortunate. Every crisis or emergency is used as an excuse to greatly increase taxes. It constantly emphasizes that people should look to government to solve the problems of the poor, the sick, the unemployed, the elderly, the young, the bankrupt, the under-educated, the under-privileged, etc. There is also a constant emphasis on the transfer of power from the individual to the local government and then from the local government to the Federal Government. The process of nibbling away at the constitutional structure of freedom and property rights is called gradualism. The name Fabian comes from a Roman general named Fabius who became famous for his ability to win wars by whittling away the forces of his enemies a little at a time. The cynical sense of humor of the Fabian Socialists is demonstrated in their coat-of-arms which is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It was almost exclusively the tactics of the Democratic and Fabian Socialists which were used to drastically change the political and economic structure of both England and the U.S.
The Founders considered Socialism a serious threat to freedomThe Founding Fathers recognized the principles of Socialism as a deadly threat to the inalienable rights of life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness. Samuel Adams, pointed out why they had tried to make the principles of Socialism unconstitutional. He said:
"The Utopian schemes of leveling (re-distribution of the wealth) and a community of goods (central ownership of all the means of production and distribution), are as visionary and impracticable as those which vest all property in the crown."Then he went on to say that these ideas "are arbitrary, despotic, and in our government unconstitutional." Thomas Jefferson anticipated the day when the government would seek to excuse heavy taxation on the basis that it was necessary to help the poor. Said he:
"If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy."
Americans have fallen for the deceptive slogans of socialismWhen the founder of NCCS, W. Cleon Skousen, was working closely with J. Edgar Hoover in the FBI, he was assigned to study the reports of congressional investigating committees concerning the attempts by socialists, including communists, to infiltrate the government and culture of the United States. He also became personally acquainted with and read many of the writings of former socialists who exposed the inner workings and philosophy of those trying to push America toward socialism of one kind or the other. Because of his in-depth knowledge, he was one of only a few allowed by Mr. Hoover to speak publicly for the FBI on this subject. These congressional records are available for all Americans to study and to see for themselves the devastating inroads that have been made upon the liberties of our people. The serious student will furthermore see how many well-meaning citizens have become involved in pushing forward the Socialists' programs without realizing it. These citizens have become converted to Socialist objectives because they accepted superficial Socialist slogans . Soon they were thinking precisely the way the Socialists wanted them to think. Below are 45 goals of the Socialists which Dr. Skousen gleaned from their writings. Because Communism was the type of socialism which was the immediate threat during the time of his compiling this list, he referred to them as Communist goals. But when one form of socialism fails, the socialist merely changes the tactic, which is what they did when the Soviet Union fell. For this reason, we have taken the liberty to change the word Communism to Socialism in some of the items. One will quickly see, however, that no matter what kind of Socialism it is, the goals remain the same and will remain until they either achieve all their goals or are defeated by awakened Americans. One will also quickly realize that nearly all of these goals are well on the way to being totally achieved.
Current Socialist Goals
- U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Socialist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites.
- Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Socialist domination.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
- Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
- Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the U.S. has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
- Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Socialist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent office.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Socialist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Socialist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive meaningless art."
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a world-wide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture" of social studies. Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture -- education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Socialist apparatus.
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Socialist goals.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.
- Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
- Repeal the Connally Reservation so the U.S. cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.